Eco How – How to make your garden hedgehog friendly
In a previous episode we found out that hedgehogs in the UK are in trouble. Why not get out there and help them by making your garden hedgehog friendly? In this special episode of Eco How Phil shows you how.
- Badger Trust. 2010. Badgers.
- Battersby, J. (Ed) & Tracking Mammals Partnership. 2005. UK Mammals: Species Status and Population Trends. First Report by the Tracking Mammals Partnership. JNCC/Tracking Mammals Partnership, Peterborough.
- BTO. 2015. British hedgehogs are in decline: different surveys tell the same story.
- Bunnell, T. 2014. The Disappearing Hedgehog.
- DEFRA. 2013. REQUEST FOR INFORMATION: BOVINE TB HOTSPOTS AND POPULATION SIZES OF BADGERS AND FOXES.
- Hedgehog Street. 2015. Hedgehogs in urban gardens.
- Hedgehog Street. 2015. How many hedgehogs are left?
- Huijser, M. P. and Bergers, P. J. M. 2000. The effect of roads and traffic on hedgehog (Erinaceus europaeus) populations.
- Judge, Wilson, Macarthur, Delahay McDonald. 2014. Density and abundance of badger social groups in England and Wales in 2011–2013. Scientific Reports 4, Article number: 3809.
- PTES. 2015. Hedgehogs.
- Warwick, H. 2014. Should we cull our badgers to save our hedgehogs?
- PTES. 2015. National Hedgehog Survey.
- Roo, S. Johnston, A. and Noble, D. BTO. 2012. UK Hedgehog Datasets and their Potential for Long-Term Monitoring. BTO.
- Vaughan, A. 2013. Hedgehog population in dramatic decline.
- Wembridge, D. (2011). The state of Britain’s hedgehogs. People’s Trust for Endangered Species, London, UK.