The REAL Moby Dick
Fossil discoveries of now extinct raptorial sperm whales tell us that the living sperm whale is actually the exception to a prehistoric body plan, only a specialized offshoot of a once diverse and hypercarniverous group.
- “The giant bite of a new raptorial sperm whale from the Miocene epoch of Peru”
- A new stem-sperm whale (Cetacea, Odontoceti, Physeteroidea) from the Latest Miocene of Peru
- Fossil sperm whales (Cetacea, Physeteridae) from Gunma and Ibraki prefectures, Japan; with observations on the Miocene fossil sperm whale Scaldicetus shigensis
- A high resolution stratigraphic framework for the remarkable fossil cetacean assemblage of the Miocene/Pliocene Pisco Formation, Peru
- Foot-Long Ancient Tooth Discovered on Australian Beach
- Tooth of Extinct Killer Sperm Whale Found in Australia
- Tooth of giant sperm whale fossil found on Melbourne beach
By: The Living Past.