What are National Nature Reserves?
Britain has a network of National Nature Reserves, but what is their function and why should anybody care? Phil travels to an example in North Yorkshire – the Lower Derwent Valley – to find out. Warning: may contain traces of owls.
- Natural England. 2015. National Nature Reserves in England
- JNCC. 2015. SPA description
- Marren, P. 2002. Nature Conservation. Harper Collins Publishers Ltd.
- Natural England. 2015. East Riding of Yorkshire’s National Nature Reserves (NNRs)
- Natural England. 2015. Lower Derwent Valley National Nature Reserve (NE412)